Space Camp 2020 is open to all Year 9 and 10, 2019 students to apply. Students learn and apply critical skills in highly immersive and inspiring STEAM activities at Space Camp and NASA.
Two weeks … two states … one giant goal … dream big!
Space Camp is astronaut training for youth and is an engaging hands-on adventure. During this 14-day expedition to Huntsville AL and Orlando FL, students learn about space travel, the development of space-related technology and are lead through several simulated missions.
This program is focused on providing relevance to, and inspiring passion for STEAM through exposure to space and broader ‘earth’ science exploration.
- Development of critical thinking and problem solving
- Skills in goal setting and project planning to set and achieve targets
- Effectiveness in collaborative teamwork
- Application of STEAM in challenging space missions
- Greater initiative, responsibility and leadership through influence
- Curiosity and imagination
- Pursuit of personal values and long-term goals
- Inspiring confidence and self-sufficiency in unfamiliar environments
- International understanding and sensitivity
- A real sense of achievement
Expressions of Interest close on Monday 13 May. If you are interested please fill in the attached form and return it to Mr Taggart by Monday.