Hazel Glen College would like to welcome the Vixens captain Kate Moloney to the Athlete Development Academy program. Kate will be working one on one with our Netball athletes to help refine every aspect of their game over the next ten weeks.
Kate flourished in her elevated role as captain in 2017 and was rewarded by making her Samsung Australian Diamonds debut and also being named captain of the Australian Fast5 team. Since then, her captaincy has lifted her Vixens team through thick and thin.
A determined, vocal player, Moloney’s leadership on court is apparent, with her famous point and clap and her encouraging comments constantly heard throughout the match.
Making her debut in 2013, Moloney was an instant fan-favourite, with her never-give-up attitude and passion – the attributes of a true Vixen.
Finding success in just her second year of elite netball, Moloney was a crucial on-court member of the Vixens 2014 premiership team.
Individual Awards and Achievements:
- 2013 Melbourne Vixens debut
- 2014 Melbourne Vixens Premiership
- 2014 Melbourne Vixens Coaches Award
- 2015 Melbourne Vixens Coaches Award
- 2017 Melbourne Vixens Captain
- 2017 Samsung Australian Diamonds debut
- 2017 Australian Fast5 Captain
- 2018 Melbourne Vixens MVP Runner Up
- 2019 Melbourne Vixens MVP Runner Up